Sunday, June 11, 2006

Various Ventotene Frivolities


(submission by Sophia)

On Saturday, in addition to taking out our own sea vessel, touring around the island and discovering the Roman ruins, I got to do my first scuba dive. It was great! After all of the hulla-balloo I ended up being the only grad student. It was fun to hang out with the undergrads and little man - Gregory. (That kid was running this "isola" between the natives and the pesky American college tourists. )
I am glad I went snorkling before I went scubaing. It took a little time to get used to seeing and breathing underwater. Getting over that hurdled, first, helped. Some of the kids freaked out because of the pressure of the scuba gear and not being comfortable with the breathing. We were supposed to hold Valentina's hand as she took us down 15 meters, but I soon broke away and started doing my own scuba touring. I did so well that she lost track of me and had to pull a "Finding Nemo" expedition. I'm such a maverick!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home